We are a genuine Free House and it is our policy to feature beers from small independent breweries, many from the West Country but occasionally also more “exotic” visitors! The range of beers varies constantly but our list of forthcoming beers usually includes at least one beer from one of the local micro breweries.
REAL ALES ON NOW OR COMING SOON
- Gorge Best, Cheddar Ales (Somerset), 4.0% abv
- Devon Earth *, Devon Earth Brewery (Paignton), 4.2%
- Butcombe Original, Butcombe Brewery (Somerset), 4.0%
- Gun Dog, Teignworthy Brewery ( Newton Abbot).4.3%
- Main Line Bitter *, Settle Brewery (Yorks), 3.8%
- Jurassic *, Dorset Brewing Co, 4.2%
- Pride of Dartmoor, Black Tor Brewery (Devon), 4.0%
Beers marked with an asterisk (*) appearing here for the first time
List updated weekly. Latest update Fri 19/05/17
LOCAL BREWERIES FEATURING HERE OFTEN
ISLE OF AVALON BREWERY: Local brewery based in Ashcott recently brought back to life by Arthur Frampton, previously of Ordnance City Brewery and Moor Beer Company. As Avalon Wholesale and Brewing they also specialise in beer wholesaling and providing real ales for beer festivals.
RCH BREWERY: Originally attached to Royal Clarence Hotel in Burnham-on-Sea, with both the hotel and the brewery being run by the Davey family. The hotel was sold off in 1993 and the brewery, still run by the Daveys, is now in an old cider mill at West Hewish, just outside Weston-super-Mare.